West Baton Rouge Community Center
749 North Jefferson Avenue
Port Allen, LA 70767
Spend a day of leisure enjoying a family reunion or a wedding reception at the Community Center in Port Allen. The surrounding grounds are bordered by 100-year-old oak trees presenting a picture-perfect location and is conveniently located next to the Aillet House and West Baton Rouge Parish Museum.
- Seating capacity- 432
- Approximately- 34 round tables (60") and 20 rectangle tables (3’x6’)
- banquet-style chairs available
- a large commercial kitchen
- a full-sized gym
- a bar and ice machine conveniently located in the front of the building
- a covered drive-through located both in front and back of the building
- a large fenced-in pavilion, which is also available for bookings, is located on the side
- a large public playground and splash pad areas for children
- parking is located on both sides of the building with designated handicap slots
- double tennis courts (located across the street) are open to the public and have restrooms available
- Meeting Room- available for weekday bookings for a $30 rental fee; call for more information at #225-336-2423
- You must be a West Baton Rouge Parish resident to book any of the centers owned and operated by the WBR Parks and Recreation.
- Proof of residency needed for booking: driver’s license, voter’s registration card or two bills with name and address of the person who is booking the event
- For weddings that are booked a year in advance, the individual booking the center must be the bride or the groom and/or the parents/grandparents of the bride or groom.
- Owned and operated by the WBR Parish Parks and Recreation Department; bookings are handle by the Parks and Recreation Office at the center
- Weekend Booking Fees: $250.00 due at the time of booking; Deposit Fee: $250.00 due 3 weeks before the date of the booked function.
- Weekday Booking Fee: $125.00, same deposit fee
- For weddings booked in advance before the book opening:
Booking and Deposit Fees: $500.00 due at the time of rental.
- Forms of Payment: Checks, Money Orders or Credit Card (3% convenience fee) only- NO CASH.
The large covered pavilion is also available for booking. The pavilion includes a concession stand and restrooms. Along with the pavilion, there is access to the beautiful grounds and splash pad.
Booking Pricing for Pavilion
- Booking Fee: $75 (due at the time of booking)
- Deposit Fee: $100 (due at the time of booking); deposit is refundable if no damage or breach of contract