October 27, 2020
Registrar of Voters Office
883 7th Street
Port Allen, LA 70767
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Nov. 3, 2020
Presidential General and Open Congressional Primary Election
The following is important information for the Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020 Presidential General and Open Congressional Primary Election:
- Candidates for presidential elector that are affiliated with a political party can find out more information here.
- Candidates for presidential elector that are not affiliated with a political party can find out more information here.
- The qualifying period for all other candidates is July 22-24, 2020. Local and municipal candidates qualify with the clerk of court in the parish in which they are registered to vote (contact your local clerk of court for office hours). State candidates qualify in the executive offices of Secretary of State, Kyle Ardoin at 8585 Archives Ave. in Baton Rouge between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Qualifying fees must be paid in the form of cash; certified or cashier's check on a state or national bank or credit union; U.S. postal money order; or money order issued by a state or national bank or credit union and must be accompanied by the qualifying form.
- The deadline to register to vote in person or by mail is Oct. 5.
- The deadline to register to vote through the GeauxVote Online Registration System is Oct. 13.
- Early voting is Oct. 16-27 (excluding Sunday, Oct. 18 and Sunday, Oct. 25) from 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
- The deadline to request an absentee by mail ballot is Oct. 30 by 4:30 p.m. You can request an absentee by mail ballot online through our Voter Portal or in writing through your Registrar of Voters Office (other than military and overseas voters).
- The deadline for a registrar of voters to receive a voted mail ballot is Nov. 2 by 4:30 p.m. (other than military and overseas voters).