COVID Art Contest
COVID Creative Art Contest Rules and Submission Guidelines
While we all stay home, or even as we begin to move forward with social distancing in mind, West Baton Rouge Museum wants to stay connected with you. During this global pandemic, we are all in this together to carry each other through with laughs, smiles, tears, beautiful and funny moments, toe tapping fun, hard truths, and things to think about. Let us know how you are coping by entering our crowd sourced “COVID Creative Art Contest Series.” A virtual exhibit will be developed monthly to share participants’ artwork, photographs, videos, poems, songs, journal entries, or other creative outlets on our social media.
The theme for the monthly creative art contest is simply: “Show us what you are doing during this time of social distancing.”
Who Can Participate?
Participation is open to children and adults of all ages in the United States and US Territories.
One entry per month will be selected to receive a "West Baton Rouge Museum COVID Care Package.” Winners will be announced on the museum’s social media pages.
- This contest is open to anyone of any age.
- Monthly contest submissions may include original 2-D, 3-D, and digital artwork, photographs, music, songs, poems, journal writing, videos, or other creative outlets.
- Registration is FREE. Please see the Submission Guidelines link to participate.
- There is no limit on the number of entries you may submit per month.
- Pending review to ensure all content is non-offensive and appropriate for all audiences, all entries will be displayed on WestBatonRougeMuseum.org and/or on West Baton Rouge Museum’s social media accounts.
- Entries must be original and not copyrighted by anyone other than the person submitting.
- Entry files must be sent in jpeg format, and images should be sized about 600 pixels high.
- Entries must be emailed to Amanda@wbrmuseum.org.
- The deadline for the monthly creative art contest is the last day of June (June 30), July (July 31), August (August 31), and September (September 30) by midnight, and the winner will be announced the first week of the following month.
- By entering, participants agree to let West Baton Rouge Museum use submitted images on the museum’s website, social media, future exhibits, newsletters including News Notes and West Baton Rouge Historical Association’s Ecoutez, and in press releases to local media outlets. Images will be accompanied by information crediting the contributor.
- Winners will be announced on the WBRM Website and on our social media during the first week of the following month. Example: The winning entry submitted by the last day of June will be announced during the first week of July.
- One West Baton Rouge Museum COVID Care Package prize will be awarded each month and will be delivered via U.S. Postal Service.
- The judging committee will look for creativity, originality, interpretation of the theme, and emotion—as in, “Does it make viewers laugh, smile, ponder, or even shed a tear?”